Ok, so I’ve been struggling to come up with something to do weekly around here that would 1)be fun and 2) possibly be a little useful. Now I know that I don’t know a lot in the grand scheme of things, but I tend to find lots of new things pretty much every week. Some useful and helpful, some just plain silly. So I thought I would try and take time each week to list these things and share what I have found. I cannot guarantee that this list will always appear on Tuesdays. Heck I cannot guarantee that this list will always appear every week. (I mean, what if I just don’t find anything!?) But it’s a start. And perhaps – if you already know about something I mention, or you have other ideas/finds to share, you could share them in the comments. So without further ado, here is my list for this week:
- Music: Woodstock, by Alice Smith This song is just feel good and fun, and involves some singing fish. Warning – uses a few bad words in there. The radio edit (cleaner) version I had on here quit working. Sorry.
Care to listen?
- Good Reads: Love is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends
by Tim Sanders – Just started it this week, but I’m loving it already.
- Web: Blip.fm (see the song above) www.blip.fm It’s like Twitter combined with Pandora. You can listen to and share songs easily, for free. What’s Pandora? Well I can’t give everything up in one week!
- For the locals: I found a site last week to locate wild flowers and foliage in Texas by County. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/travel/flora_conditions.htm Now, of course, the don’t have Tarrant or Dallas Counties on there, so I guess we don’t have flowers, but otherwise it seems helpful.
- Awesomeness: The trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. ‘Nuff said.