1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Both. Duh. But if you made me chooseâ€¦.I’d have to say eggnog. I can drink gallons.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He waits until he thinks you’re in bed AND asleep (about 2am), and then he gets out the special Santa wrapping paper that he’s been hiding and goes into the office and wraps all the presents and sets them under the tree to make the point that they were NOT there the night before and they had to come from Santa because the wrapping is different and they all say From: SANTA.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I’ve been doing white for a few years in a rebellion against my childhood of colored lights EVERY year. But this year, we brought them back. Nothing beats sitting in a dark living room with a colorful Christmas tree. It’s so beautiful. Anyhow, I needed the cornyness.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Tried to this year. Couldn’t find any. I even have the perfect place for it!
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon after Thanksgiving as possible. Gotta get maximum use of the decorations.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes and homemade noodles, hands down the best.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? (clearly some of these are repeats and I don’t want to contradict myself, so see previous MEME post)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean, the TRUTH?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes- depends where I am and who I’m with. It’s been different for the past few years.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Hmmm, it’s been awhile, but I believe we did ginger snaps and milk sometimes.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. And I’ve lived with it before. I just don’t like ice on sidewalks. That stinks.
12. Can you ice skate? I do alright. I do better when the little child olympic hopefuls aren’t zooming around me though.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nope. But I remember some I likedâ€¦.Barbie hotel with elevator (I think that was mine – I commandeered several Barbie toys from my sister), I LOVED the radio/cd player John got me-still love it; I remember when we got our first cd player. I had two cds. It was so cool. And the keyboard. That was fun.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus’ birth, and spending time with the ones I love.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Honestly, eggnog.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? (I have 3) Going to the late Christmas Eve service at Church, waking up and opening presents in my pj’s, and baking Christmas cookies and candies with family and most recently my friends here in Texas. It’s just so much fun and you get to spend time together while you cook, and then give away your treats to everyone and make people smile!
17. What tops your tree? A pretty angel. I had a tough time picking one I liked, but she doesn’t fall over and she’s not crazy gaudy.
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving. I love finding the perfect gift for someone and watching them open it! Especially the kids. That is the best.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? (see previous MEME post)
20. Candy Canes? Love ’em. I usually buy 2 boxes. The ones that actually make it to the tree get slowly eaten by us as Christmas approaches. The tree is really just a place to store the candy canes. This year they’ve lasted longer because I’m not eating carbs right now.
21. Favorite holiday movie? (see previous MEME post)
22. Did your family have a KIDS table? Yeah, my family does. But the extended Frantom family started doing random assigned seating a few years ago and that was fun. Instead of sitting with your mom and dad, you’d end up at a table with your Uncle Dale, cousin Tara, Grandma and your niece. It was nice to mix it up like that.
23. Any family tradition that youâ€™re trying to carry forward? Except for this year, definitely Christmas Eve Service, and cooking day, the food classics for sure. Otherwise, I donâ€™t know yet. We keep doing different things each year with our schedules and our families, so we haven’t had a chance to do anything same two years in a row. I guess we’ll see.