1. Who do you want to be under the mistletoe with?
Of course, my wonderful husband, John. I just need to find some mistletoe! Nobody has it!
2. What are your favorite Christmas memories?
Going and getting a REAL Christmas tree with Dad that we cut down ourselves. Then trying to make it look good in the house somehow. We usually had to turn it so that the worst side (usually with a big hole) faced the wall. I loved those trees. Also, when I was real little, my family stilled had to milk the cows every morning and night, and Christmas was no different. My sister and I would be up and ready to open presents at 6am and my dad and brother would be leaving to milk. We ALWAYS had to wait until they got home. Aaahhhhh!
3. Where would you rather spend Christmas this year?
Um, where I AM going to spend Christmas, with my family and friends!
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Wow, this is a tough one. As typical as this sounds, I am going to say Silent Night, but I have a good reason. I really do like several songs a lot, but Silent Night is always the one we sang at church during the candlelight service at midnight on Christmas Eve. So the whole church is dark, but everyone is holding a candle and singing acapella. It also has some of the prettiest harmonies ever. My mom and sister and I used to have fun taking turns singing all the parts on each verse. So I’m going to have to say that one, especially since I can’t make it to church this Christmas Eve.
5. What do you usually do Christmas morning?
Currently, I don’ t have a USUALLY yet. But it generally involves waking up and hanging out in your pj’s all day unless company is coming and you have to get dressed.
6. Have you bought all your presents yet?
No. Just a few left. But the bulk of them have been bought, wrapped and shipped already! Yeah!
7. What do you do on Christmas Eve?
Clearly, I should have read ahead. You all know what I used to do and that is what I do when I’m home. For awhile I got my family to start a “new tradition” of opening one present on Chirstmas Eve. That was fun. Last year was nice. John and I went to the early Christmas Eve service at our church and then came home and started a fire in the fireplace (yes, it was actually cold enough) and had spiced cider. That was nice. This year, flying up with Santa.
8. Do you spend Christmas with a lot of family?
9. Do you go anywhere special on Christmas vacation?
Home is special.
10. What do you usually eat on Christmas?
The Classics. Homemade noodles, Angie’s potato rolls, rhubarb crisp, mashed potatoes, ham. Good stuff.
11. Do you still believe in Santa?
I saw Rudolph when I was six. He’s real. =) Don’t know about Santa.
12. Do you still make snowmen and snow angels?
Umâ€¦.the closest I could get down here would be an Iceman, and I could chisel some angels. We don’t get much snow here in Texas. It freaks out the locals.
13. Do you still have snow ball fights with your siblings/parents?
When there is snow, of course!!
14. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
Hmm, probably A Muppet Christmas Carol – best version ever!!
15. What do you like doing over the Christmas holidays?
Spending time with my family and friends, making Christmas candy and cookies with my friends and giving them to people. Listening to Christmas music without guilt, or weird looks like in July.
16. What do you plan to do for New Year’s Eve?
Party!! Our first Texas New Years. We’ve always been in Ohio before.
17. What are your usual traditions on New Year’s?
Having a party or just hanging out with friends. Playing cards and games and just having a great time.
18. Got any resolutions?
I have a pre-resolution. To stay on my diet THROUGH New Years!
19. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever got for Christmas?
Hmmâ€¦weird? I don’t know? I apparently am so weird myself that everything I get seems normal. Sorry. But if I think of something I’ll let you know.
20. What’s the most expensive thing you’ve got for Christmas?
Geesh, I don’t know, people donâ€™t’ show me the receipts!
21. How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
In the early days, around 5 or 6am. Now, more like 8am.
22. What do you usually get in your stocking?
Lifesaver book, ribbon candy, Dentyne gum.
Something to take up space and keep you occupied.