Ahhh. Skipping class. Regardless of whether you ever cut class in your life, you all know kids who did. I was blessed enough to be seated next to some highschool kids the other day at the bookstore who were engaged in such an activity. I say activity, only because they were actively skipping class. They were quite stationery the whole time. Loud, but stationery.
So, as I worked on my projects, I was privileged to hear pretty much all of their conversation. I present you today with the highlights of their lively discussion. To answer the burning question – What DO they do when they’re not in school???
- How do I know they were skipping? [Aside from the fact that it was 1:45pm on a school day.] Because as all the other kids were leaving to return from lunch, this group began teasing each other as half of them left to go back, saying ” But all the other kids are doing it” -sarcastically of course.
- There was a heated discussion over whether the art on one of the pink floyd albums is a triangle or a prism. [subsequent explanation of a prism to other group members]
- Someone got a phone call from a friend who’s got Mono. “I’m totally staying away from you for the 10 days!”
- Girl: “Oh my gosh! I was at Blank’s house getting high! That’s where I was!!” Blank: “What? I wasn’t there! I was in 6th period. How did you get into my house?” Girl: “I think someone has a key.”
- They discussed the perils of tongue piercings – all the ways it can go wrong, and then what kinds they wanted. Lovely.
That’s all. I guess I should’ve been wearing my Christmas present from Charlene. She got me a shirt that says “I’m blogging this.”